You may have hired an attorney for handling your compensation claim, but are you aware of the kind of attorney you have hired. Not all claimants would be prudent to check the background of the attorney they intend to hire for their compensation claim filing needs. Most of the times, the attorney would be recommended by a close friend or a colleague. The attorney might have proved beneficial to the needs of a close friend or a colleague, but what are the chances that he or she would be beneficial to your specific case.
You should rest assured that all accidents would be different from one another. Therefore, you should hire the services of injury attorneys Los Angeles that would be suitable for your specific needs. The question to ponder upon would be how an attorney would prove beneficial to your specific case and compensation claim filing needs. A good way to find out about the competency of the attorney would be the way he or she prepares your case and calculates the compensation amount.
A plethora of theories would go about calculating the compensation amount by a competent attorney. However, the best mode to calculate the compensation amount would be calculating the below-mentioned aspects.
- Calculating the amount based on the negligence of the claimant.
- Calculating the amount based on the severity of injuries and damages.
- Calculating the amount based on the present and future lost wages.
- Calculating the amount based on the medical expenses incurred and the bills.
- Calculating the amount based on the future medical treatment of inflicted injuries.
- Calculating the amount based on the pain and suffering the claimant has been undergoing.
These aspects would be the appropriate method to calculate the compensation amount for the claim. The attorney should be aggressive in asserting the compensation claim on the insurance company.